Earlier this year, this recipe was spread all over my Facebook feed. I’m not sure how many of my friends actually tried the recipe, but it is very, very good (and simple). I got the original recipe from AllRecipes.com. The recipe is very basic and you can modify it in a number of ways. This is a great low carb breakfast with good fat and protein.
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 2 eggs
- salt and black pepper to taste
- bacon bits, chives
- smoked salmon, feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place each avocado half in a ramekin or other oven safe dish. The avocados may be a bit wobbly so it is best to use something that can help them balance. Crack each egg and fill avocado with egg. If your avocado pit was small or your egg large, you may have to scoop out the avocado some to make room for the egg. Alternatively, you could also set aside some of the egg for other uses.
- Add a bit of salt and pepper
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes — this will vary depending on your oven and placement of the avocados (and how you like your eggs).
- Top with your choice of toppings and enjoy. Don’t be afraid to experiment and have fun with this!